- H. Yuan, C. Guo, J. Liu, X. Wang, S. Kwong, Motion-Homogeneous Based Fast Transcoding Method from H.264/AVC to HEVC, IEEE Transactions on Multimedia, vol. 19, no. 7, pp. 1416-1430, Jul. 2017.
- Haiqiang Wang, Ioannis Katsavounidis, Jiantong Zhou, Jeonghoon Park, Shawmin Lei, Xin Zhou, Man-On Pun, Xin Jin, Ronggang Wang, X. Wang, Yun Zhang, Jiwu Huang, Sam Kwong, C.-C. Jay Kuo, VideoSet: A Large-Scale Compressed Video Quality Dataset Based on JND Measurement, Journal of Visual Communication and Image Representation, vol. 46, pp. 292-302, Jul. 2017. (arXiv Download: Baidu, IEEEDataport; Project Website: VideoSet)
The dataset is called the “VideoSet”, which is an acronym for “Video Subject Evaluation Test (SET)”. This work describes the subjective test procedure, detection and removal of outlying measured data, and the properties of collected JND data. Finally, the significance and implications of the VideoSet to future video coding research and standardization efforts are pointed out. All source/coded video clips as well as measured JND data included in the VideoSet are available to the public here.
- L. Ma, X. Wang*, Q. Liu, K.-N. Ngan, Reorganized DCT-based Image Representation for Reduced Reference Stereoscopic Image Quality Assessment, Neurocomputing, vol. 215, pp. 21-31, Nov. 2016.
- Y. Zhou, S. Kwong, W.Gao, X. Wang, A Phase Congruency based Patch Evaluator for Complexity Reduction in Multi-dictionary based Single-Image Super-Resolution, Information Sciences, vol. 367–368, pp. 337–353, Nov. 2016.
- Y. Yang, X. Wang, Q. Liu, M. Xu, W. Wu, User Models of Subjective Image Quality Assessment on Virtual Viewpoint in Free-viewpoint Video System, Multimedia Tools and Applications, vol. 75, no. 20, pp. 12499-12519, Oct. 2016.
- Y. Zhou, S. Kwong, H. Guo, W. Gao, X. Wang, Bilevel Optimization of Block Compressive Sensing with Perceptually Nonlocal Similarity, Information Sciences, vol. 360, pp. 1-20, Sep. 2016.
- H. Yuan, S. Kwong, X. Wang, Y. Zhang, F. Li, A Virtual View PSNR Estimation Method for 3-D Videos, IEEE Transactions on Broadcasting, vol. 62, no. 1, pp. 134-140, Mar. 2016.
- H. Kong, Z. Lai, X. Wang, F. Liu, Breast Cancer Discriminant Feature Analysis for Diagnosis via Jointly Sparse Learning, Neurocomputing, vol. 177, pp. 198-205, Feb. 2016.
- W. Gao, S. Kwong, H. Yuan, X. Wang, DCT Coefficient Distribution Modeling and Quality Dependency Analysis Based Frame-level Bit Allocation for HEVC, IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems for Video Technology, vol. 26, no. 1, pp. 139-153, Jan. 2016.
- X. Wang, S. Kwong, H. Yuan, Y. Zhang, Z. Pan, View Synthesis Distortion Model based Frame Level Rate Control Optimization for Multiview Depth Video Coding, Signal Processing, vol. 112, pp. 189-198, Jul. 2015.
- X. Wang, Q. Liu, R. Wang, Z. Chen, Natural Image Statistics based 3D Reduced Reference Image Quality Assessment in Contourlet Domain, Neurocomputing, vol. 151, no. 2, pp. 683-691, Mar. 2015.
- H. Yuan, S. Kwong, X. Wang, W. Gao, Y. Zhang, Rate Distortion Optimized Inter-View Frame Level Bit Allocation Method for MV-HEVC, IEEE Transactions on Multimedia, vol. 17, no. 12, .pp. 2134- 2146, Dec. 2015.
- Y. Yang, X. Wang, Q. Liu, M. Xu, L. Yu, A Bundled-Optimization Model of Multiview Dense Depth Map Synthesis for Dynamic Scene Reconstruction, Information Sciences, vol. 320, pp. 306-319, Nov. 2015.
- L. Zhu, Y. Zhang, X. Wang, S. Kwong, View Synthesis Distortion Elimination Filter for Depth Video Coding in 3D Video Broadcasting, Multimedia Tools and Applications, vol. 74, no. 15, pp. 5935-5954, Jul. 2015.
- Y. Zhang, S. Kwong, X. Wang, Z. Pan, H. Yuan, L. Xu, Machine Learning based CU Depth Decision for Flexible Complexity Allocation in High Efficiency Video Coding, IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, vol. 24, no. 7, pp. 2225-2238, Jul. 2015.
- X. Wang, S. Kwong, L. Xu, Y. Zhang, Generalized Nash Bargaining Solution to Rate Control Optimization for Spatial Scalable Video Coding, IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, vol. 23, no. 9, pp. 4010-4021, Sep. 2014.
- H. Yuan, S. Kwong, C. Ge, X. Wang, Y. Zhang, Interview Rate Distortion Analysis-Based Coarse to Fine Bit Allocation Algorithm for 3D Video Coding, IEEE Transactions on Broadcasting, vol. 60, no. 4, pp. 614-625, Dec. 2014.
- Y. Yang, X. Wang, T. Guan, J. Shen, L. Yu, A Multi-dimensional Image Preference Prediction Model for User Generated Images in Social Networks, Information Sciences, vol. 281, pp. 601-610, Oct. 2014.
- X. Wang, S. Kwong and Y. Zhang, Applying Game Theory to Rate Control Optimization for Hierarchical B-pictures, IEEE Transactions on Broadcasting, vol. 59, no. 4, pp. 591-601, Dec. 2013.
- X. Wang, G. Jiang, J. Zhou, Y. Zhang, et al, Visibility Threshold of Compressed Stereoscopic Image: Effects of Asymmetrical Coding, The Imaging Science Journal, vol. 61, no. 2, pp. 172-182, Feb. 2013.
- Y. Zhang, S. Kwong, G. Jiang, X. Wang, M. Yu, Statistical Early Termination Model for Fast Decision and Reference Frame Selection in Multiview Video Coding, IEEE Transactions on Broadcasting, vol. 58, no. 1, pp. 10-23, March 2012.
- F. Shao, G. Jiang, X. Wang, M. Yu, K. Chen, Stereoscopic Video Coding with Asymmetric Luminance and Chrominance Qualities, IEEE Transactions on Consumer Electronics, vol. 56, no. 4, pp. 2460-2468, Nov. 2010.
- Xu Wang, Lei Cao, Yingying Zhu, Yun Zhang, Jianmin Jiang, Sam Kwong, Study of Subjective and Objective Quality Assessment for Screen Content Images, IEEE International Conference on Image Processing (ICIP 2017), Beijing, China, Sep. 17-20, 2017.
- KwoK-Wai Hung, Jianmin Jiang, Qinglong Chang, Xu Wang, DCT-based Image Up-sampling Using Anchored Neighborhood Regression, IEEE International Conference on Image Processing (ICIP 2017), Beijing, China, Sep. 17-20, 2017.
- Xu Wang, Lei Cao, Lin Ma, Yu Zhou, Sam Kwong, Complex Singular Value Decomposition based Full Reference Stereoscopic Image Quality Assessment, Visual Communications and Image Processing Conference (VCIP 2016), Chendu, China, Nov. 27-30, 2016.
- Qiudan Zhang, Xu Wang*, Jianmin Jiang, and Lin Ma, Deep Learning Features Inspired Saliency Detection of 3D Images, Pacific-Rim Conference on Multimedia (PCM 2016), Xi’an, China, Sep. 15-16, 2016.