I am currently an assistant professor at Shenzhen University. I received the Bachelor Degree in Computer science and technology from Sun Yat-sen University in 2007,
and the Ph.D. degrees in Computer science from IRIF(PPS), University Paris Diderot - Paris 7 and SKLCS, Institute of Software, Chinese Academy of Sciences, under the joint cultivation, in 2013.
- Program Analysis and Verification, Type Systems, Software Security, Automata Theory and Logic, and Machine Learning.
- Cheng Wen, Haijun Wang, Yuekang Li, Shengchao Qin, Yang Liu, Zhiwu Xu, Hongxu Chen, Xiaofei Xie, Geguang Pu, Ting Liu. MemLock: Memory Usage Guided Fuzzing[C]. Accepted by 42nd International Conference on Software Engineering (ICSE 2020), 2020.
- Yeting Li, Jialun Cao, Haiming Chen, Tingjian Ge, Zhiwu Xu and Qiancheng Peng. FlashSchema: achieving high quality XML schemas with powerful inference algorithms and large-scale schema data[C]. Accepted by 36th IEEE International Conference on Data Engineering (ICDE 2020). 2020.
- Yida Tao, Shan Tang, Yepang Liu, Zhiwu Xu, Shengchao Qin. How Do API Selections Affect the Runtime Performance of Data Analytics Tasks?[C]. Accepted by The 34th IEEE/ACM International Conference on Automated Software Engineering (ASE 2019). 2019.
- Zhiwu Xu, Kerong Ren and Fu Song. Android Malware Family Classification and Characterization Using CFG and DFG[C]. The 13th International Symposium on Theoretical Aspects of Software Engineering (TASE 2019). 49-56, 2019.
- Zhiwu Xu, Cheng Wen, Shengchao Qin. Type Learning for Binaries and its Applications[J]. The IEEE Transactions on Reliability. 68(3), 893-912, 2019.
- Fu Song, Yedi Zhang, Taolue Chen, Yu Tan and Zhiwu Xu. Probabilistic Alternating-Time mu-Calculus[C]. The Thirty-Third AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence. 6179-6186, 2019.
- Zhiwu Xu, Ping Lu and Haiming Chen. Towards an Effective Syntax and a Generator for DREGs[J]. The Computer Journal, Volume 62, Issue 9, September 2019, Pages 1322-1341. [URL]
- Zhiwu Xu, Kerong Ren, Shengchao Qin and Florin Craciun. CDGDroid: Android Malware Detection Based on Deep Learning using CFG and DFG[C]. The 20th International Conference on Formal Engineering Methods (ICFEM 2018). 177-193. Gold Coast, Australia. 12-16 November 2018.
- Zhiwu Xu, Cheng Wen, Shengchao Qin. State-taint analysis for detecting resource bugs[J]. Science of Computer Programming, 93-109, 2018. [URL]
- Jingyi Wang, Jun Sun, Yifan Jia, Shengchao Qin and Zhiwu Xu. Towards `Verifying' a Water Treatment System. 22nd International Symposium on Formal Methods, 73-92, 2018.
- Hongxu Chen, Alwen Tiu, Zhiwu Xu and Yang Liu. A Permission-Dependent Type System for Secure Information Flow Analysis. 31st IEEE Computer Security Foundations Symposium. 218-232, 2018.
- Xu ZW, Wen C, Qin SC, Ming Z. Effective Malware Detection based on Behaviour and Data Features[C]. 2nd International Conference on Smart Computing and Communication, 53-66, 2017. (Best Student Paper)
- Xu ZW, Wen C, Qin SC. Learning types for binaries[C]. 19th International Conference on Formal Engineering Methods, 430-446, 2017. [URL]
- Qin SC, Xu ZW, Ming Z. Survey of research on program verification via separation logic[J]. Ruan Jian Xue Bao/Journal of Software, 2017,28(8):2010-2025 (in Chinese). [URL]
- LONG Teng, XU Zhi-wu. Deductive proof of security relevant properties under bounded constraints[J]. Computer Engineering and Science, 2017, 39(4):717-724 (in Chinese).
- Xu ZW, Fan DX, Qin SC. State-Taint Analysis for Detecting Resource Bugs[C]. International Symposium on Theoretical Aspects of Software Engineering. IEEE, 2016:168-175. [URL]
- Castagna G, Nguyen K, Xu ZW, Abate P. Polymorphic Functions with Set-Theoretic Types:Part 2: Local Type Inference and Type Reconstruction[C]. 42nd ACM Symposium on Principles of Programming Languages (POPL). ACM, 2015:289-302. [URL]
- LI Hui-song, XU Zhi-wu, CHEN Hai-ming. Improved Flow-insensitive Type Qualifier Inference[J]. Computer Science. 2014, 41(9):178-184 (in Chinese).
- Castagna G, Nguyen K, Xu ZW, Im H, Lenglet S, Padovani L. Polymorphic functions with set-theoretic types: part 1: syntax, semantics, and evaluation[C]. 41st ACM Symposium on Principles of Programming Languages (POPL). ACM, 2014:5-17. [URL]
- Liang Du, Yi-Dong Shen, Zhiyong Shen, Jianying Wang, Zhiwu Xu, A self-supervised framework for clustering ensemble[C], 14th International Conference on Web-Age Information Management, 253-264, Beidaihe, China, Jun 14-16, 2013.
- Zhiwu Xu, Lixiao Zheng, Haiming Chen. A Toolkit for Generating Sentences from Context-Free Grammars[J]. International Journal of Software and Informatics, 2011, 5(4): 659-676.
- Zheng LX, Xu ZW, Chen HM. Algorithm for generating short sentences from grammars based on branch coverage criterion[J]. Journal of Software, 2011,22(11):2564-2576 (in Chinese).
- Castagna G, Xu Z. Set-theoretic foundation of parametric polymorphism and subtyping[C]. 16th ACM SIGPLAN International Conference on Functional Programming (ICFP). ACM, 2011:94-106. (CACM Research Highlights nomination by ACM SIGPLAN) [URL]
- Xu Z, Zheng L, Chen H. A Toolkit for Generating Sentences from Context-Free Grammars[C]. IEEE International Conference on Software Engineering and Formal Methods. IEEE, 2010:118-122. [URL]
- Research on Gradual Security Type Systems for Different Abstract Level Languages, National Natural Science Foundation of China, 2020.1-2023.12, PI
- Security Type System for Mobile Applications, Guangdong Basic and Applied Basic Research Foundation, 2019.10-2022.09, PI
- Research on Parametric Polymorphism for Structured Data Processing Languages, National Natural Science Foundation of China (Youth Fund), 2015.1-2018.12, PI
- Software Testing (2019-2020)
- Program Languages (2016-2017, 2017-2018, 2018-2019)
- Automata Theory and Formal Languages (2016-2017, 2017-2018, 2018-2019, 2019-2020)
- Principles of Compiler (2015-2016)
Honors and Awards
- Best Paper Award for FMAC 2018
- Best Student Paper Award for SmartCom 2017
- EAPLS PhD Award 2013
- CACM Research Highlights nomination by ACM SIGPLAN for ICFP'11, 2013
- The France Eiffel Excellence Scholarship for international students, 2011-2012
- The Joint Doctoral Promotion Programme of Chinese Academy of Sciences, 2009-2010