Zexuan ZHU is a Professor with the College of Computer Science and Software Engineering, Shenzhen University, China. He received his B.Sc degree from the Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Fudan University, China, in 2003 and the Ph.D degree from the School of Computer Science and Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, in 2008.
His research interests include computational intelligence, machine learning, and bioinformatics. He is an Associate Editor of IEEE Transactions on Evolutionary Computation and IEEE Transactions
on Emerging Topics in Computational Intelligence, and serves as the Editorial
Board Member of Memetic Computing Journal and Soft Computing Journal.
He is also the Chair of the IEEE CIS Emergent Technologies Task Force on
- X. Ma, X. Li, Q. Zhang, K. Tang, Z. Liang, W. Xie, and Z. Zhu*, A Survey on Cooperative Co-evolutionary Algorithms, IEEE Transactions on Evolutionary Computation, 2018 (in press)
- R. Guo, Y.-R. Li, S. He, L. Ou-Yang, Y. Sun*, and Z. Zhu*, RepLong - de novo repeat identification using long read sequencing data, Bioinformatics, vol. 34, no. 7, pp. 1099-1107, 2018. (Code)
- X. Ma, Q. Zhang, G. Tian, J. Yang, and Z. Zhu*, On Tchebycheff decomposition approaches for multi-objective evolutionary optimization, IEEE Transactions on Evolutionary Computation, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 226-244, 2018. (Code)
- Z.-H, You, Z.-A. Huang, Z. Zhu*, G.-Y. Yan, Z.-W. Li, Z. Wen, and X. Chen*, PBMDA: A novel and effective path-based computational model for miRNA-disease association prediction, PLoS Computational Biology, vol. 13, no. 3, artical no. e1005455, 2017.(Code and Datasets)
- Z.-A. Huang, Z. Wen, Q. Deng, Y. Chu, Y. Sun, and Z. Zhu*,LW-FQZip 2: a parallelized reference-based compression of FASTQ files, BMC Bioinformatics, vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 179:1-179:8, 2017.(Code)
- Z.-A. Huang, X. Chen*, Z. Zhu*, H. Liu, G.-Y. Yan, Z.-H. You, and Z. Wen, PBHMDA: Path-based human microbe-disease association prediction, Frontiers in Microbiology, vol. 8, article no. 233, 2017.(Code and Datasets)
- Z. Zhu, J. Xiao, S. He, Z. Ji, and Y. Sun, A multi-objective memetic algorithm based on locality-sensitive hashing for one-to-many-to-one dynamic pickup-and-delivery problem, Information Sciences, vol. 329, pp. 73-89, 2016. (Datasets)
- Z. Zhu, J. Xiao, J.-Q. Li, F. Wang, and Q. Zhang, Global path planning of wheeled robots using multi-objective memetic algorithms, Integrated Computer-Aided Engineering, vol. 22, no. 4, pp. 387-404, 2015.
- Z. Zhu, L. Li, Y. Zhang, Y. Yang, and X. Yang, CompMap: a reference-based compression program to speed up read mapping to related reference sequences, Bioinformatics, vol. 31, no. 3, pp. 426-428, 2015.(Code)
- Z. Zhu, Y. Zhang, Z. Ji, S. He, and X. Yang, High-throughput DNA sequence data compression, Briefings in Bioinformatics, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 1-15, 2015.
- Y. Zhang, L. Li, Y. Yang, X. Yang, S. He and Z. Zhu*, Light-weight reference-based compression of FASTQ data, BMC Bioinformatics, vol. 16, pp.188, 2015.(Code)
- Z. Zhu, S. Jia, S. He, Y. Sun, Z. Ji, L. Shen, Three-dimensional Gabor feature extraction for hyperspectral imagery classification using a memetic framework, Information Sciences, vol. 298, pp. 274–287, 2015.
- Z. Zhu, J. Zhou, Z. Ji, and Y.-H. Shi, DNA sequence compression using adaptive particle swarm optimization-based memetic algorithm, IEEE Transactions on Evolutionary Computation, vol. 15, no. 5, pp. 643-558, 2011.
- Z. Zhu, S. Jia, and Z. Ji, Towards a memetic feature selection raradigm, IEEE Computational Intelligence Magazine, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 41-53, 2010.
- Z. Zhu, Y. S. Ong and M. Zurada, Identification of full and partial class relevant genes, IEEE/ACM Transactions on Computational Biology and Bioinformatics, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 263-277, 2010.(Datasets)
- Z. Zhu, Y. S. Ong and M. Dash, Markov blanket-embedded genetic algorithm for gene selection, Pattern Recognition, vol. 49, no. 11, pp. 3236-3248, 2007.(Datasets, Code)
- Z. Zhu, Y. S. Ong and M. Dash, Wrapper-filter feature selection algorithm using a memetic framework, IEEE Transactions On Systems, Man and Cybernetics - Part B:Cybernetics, vol. 37, no. 1, pp. 70-76, 2007.(Code)